Welcome to the on-line home of NutVal, the spreadsheet application for planning and monitoring the nutritional content of general food aid rations.
You can email comments or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
7 July 2013
We are pleased to let you know that a new version of NutVal is due for release in the autumn of this year.
NutVal Version 4 will feature:
- New micronutrient requirements; RNI, taken from FAO/WHO (2004), will replace the currently used WHO (2000) Safe Levels of Intake.
- Nine additional nutrients will be included in the NutVal database and used in the analysis of nutrient adequacy.
- The age group categories currently provided in NutVal 2006 will be revised to make them more comprehensive, user-friendly, and consistent with age groups that are used in programme design. Energy requirements for the new age categories will be calculated using values from FAO/WHO/UNU (2004).
- Additional food items that have been requested by users will be included.
- Data handling and the tracking database will be improved to allow the saving and recall of complete ration data.
- An online user manual will be developed and uploaded to nutval.net. This will be freely accessible to users and provide help in Word .doc or .pdf formats.
We are pleased to let you know that an updated version of NutVal has been finalised and is now available for download.