7 July 2013
We are pleased to let you know that a new version of NutVal is due for release in the autumn of this year.
NutVal Version 4 will feature:
- New micronutrient requirements; RNI, taken from FAO/WHO (2004), will replace the currently used WHO (2000) Safe Levels of Intake.
- Nine additional nutrients will be included in the NutVal database and used in the analysis of nutrient adequacy.
- The age group categories currently provided in NutVal 2006 will be revised to make them more comprehensive, user-friendly, and consistent with age groups that are used in programme design. Energy requirements for the new age categories will be calculated using values from FAO/WHO/UNU (2004).
- Additional food items that have been requested by users will be included.
- Data handling and the tracking database will be improved to allow the saving and recall of complete ration data.
- An online user manual will be developed and uploaded to nutval.net. This will be freely accessible to users and provide help in Word .doc or .pdf formats.